The Student Conservation Association is hiring a recent graduate for a one-year fellowship, based out of Brownsville, PA, to work on the Pennsylvania Environmental Council’s Mon River Town Program.
River Town Outreach Corps Fellow
Term: 2/11/13 through 12/22/13
Select rural communities along the Upper Monongahela River in Southwestern PA.
Join the River Town Outreach Corps! Gain hands-on sustainability experience in the River Town Program–an innovative program that promotes community revitalization, conservation, tourism, and recreation in the Monongahela River corridor. Work in collaboration with community members and partners on local and regional initiatives. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating and implementing visitor/tourist attraction strategies;
- Creating and implementing Main Street revitalization efforts;
- Coordinating events;
- Community outreach;
- Habitat restoration, enhancement, and improvement;
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination; and
- Creating content for marketing materials such as websites, newsletters, blogs, brochures, social media, etc.
Required Skills: Bachelor’s degree in related field.