Our partners at the Schuylkill River National and State Heritage Area have announced the dates for the 2013 Schuylkill River Sojourn. It will be held June 1-7, 2013, and the theme will be the Schuylkill During the Civil War.
Registration brochures will be sent via email when registration opens at the beginning of April.
Here are some details:
- New this year!! During the first two weeks in April we will accept registrations from full-trip registrants only. This is being done to ensure that people who wish to do the full trip don’t miss out on the first two days, which fill up very quickly.
- Registration for all other participants will open April 15!
- For the first time this year will will be offering online registration. More information will be made available when registration brochures are sent out.
- Our 2013 Sojourn outfitter is Doug Chapman, owner of Take it Outdoors Adventure Group.
- Our guides will once again be Alan and Betsy Quant from Canoe Susquehanna.
The Schuylkill River Sojourn is a 7-day, 112-mile guided paddle from Schuylkill Haven to Boathouse Row in Philadelphia that is organized annually by the Schuylkill River Heritage Area. Participants can register for one day or the entire week.