POWR’s primary projects focus on three areas: capacity building for local conservation, recreation and experience-based conservation activities, and public support for watershed protection. Specifically, our projects include:
- Watershed association capacity building & technical assistance
- Statewide coordination of the nationally unique Pennsylvania Sojourns (multi-day paddling and educational events), selection of the River of the Year, and development of the River of the Year Poster
- Support for and evaluation of river conservation planning
- State-level advocacy on water conservation issues
- Communications and watershed awareness through diverse outlets such as the website, blog, e-newsletter, events listing, action alerts, etc.
- General liability insurance program for members