POWR has produced (with funding from the William Penn Foundation, the PA Department of Environmental Protection, and an anonymous donor) an Organizational Development Training Notebook. The Notebook can be used as a resource for individuals wanting to start or just starting a watershed organization, as well as previously incorporated groups that face sustainability challenges. The valuable information on watershed organization management issues contained within the Notebook is compiled by POWR and based on 2004 workshops by the LaSalle University Nonprofit Center.
- Nonprofit Board Overview: What Everyone Should Know about Nonprofit Boards (Doc | PDF)
- Board Job Descriptions Info Sheet (Doc | PDF)
- Board Responsibilities Info Sheet (Doc | PDF)
- Board Development Worksheets (Doc | PDF)
- Board Financial Planning Arrow Worksheet (Doc | PDF)
- Sample Mission Statements (Doc | PDF)